Our experienced designers provide space planning and design services for all library sizes. We evaluate the library space and design a floor plan to determine the optimum shelving and loose furniture placement to create a dynamic, multi-purpose environment for people to connect, explore and learn. From quick advice to full installations, we can help you make the most of your options and provide a comprehensive foundation and design plan to suit your space.
We have developed a comprehensive checklist based on ‘What to consider when planning a new library fitout’. This in-depth analysis helps the client by highlighting factors they may not have considered and greatly assists our designers to plan the space with a thorough understanding of all the intricacies of the project brief.
Some of the factors we consider are of course, THE SPACE:
- What are the distinguishing features of your library space?
- Are there views to consider?
- Is there sufficient lighting?
- Do the acoustics need improving?
We design with consideration on how people will flow and navigate throughout the library space.
- Where is there greatest potential for merchandising?
- How can we create fun and interesting reading areas and breakout spaces?
- Is there is sufficient space for PC and own device plug in and play?
- Where can we custom design furniture to really make a unique space pop?
Do you want to learn more about how we can transform your library space? Watch the video below of our Creative Manager, Michael Merlino explaining the steps involved and proving that designing a new or refurbished library space does not need to be a daunting or lengthy process.